Sunday, February 03, 2008

Queen of the Poor

I stumbled on the blog of one of my acquaintances. There is so much involved in the "immigration issue" discussed in the presidential campaign this year. MORE than anyone on TV or even next door can imagine. My friend Lilly commented that "Walls and Laws" won't work not matter how many are built and passed. The reason people chance everything to come to Mexico and then the US "illegally" is monetary. I think there is a way to help. (I like the idea of outsourcing call center services to Mexico, not India.) I know that just this comment is "fightin' words" to some people. They would call me a bleeding heart who is not tough on immigration. I know that side of things. I have to deal with it everyday. If you wouldn't mind, just consider reading Lilly's blog. Lilly doesn't just whine and complain that we should take care of undocumented workers and their fmailies once they are here. No, she goes to them and takes care of them where they are. You can read about her experiences at a shelter on the southern end of Mexico (through which migrants from South America travel)at http://llintap.blogspot.com . I don't mean to turn you into "bleeding heart liberals," but to just see what the other side is like (just not the way the TV news presents the story).

I know that the Blessed Virgin Mary is the Queen of the Poor, but in her own way, Lillly is also the embodiment of the queen of the poor.

Remember, this is at:

http://llintap.blogspot.com


IRamat2

No comments: